Among the most beneficial skills that a human could learn is reading. Aside from letting you perform daily tasks, reading as a habit provides several advantages like filling the young mind with useful information, and keeping the brain well into old age.
Learning how to read is mandatory as it is one means of existence. However, one must not put limits on when and how a child learns to read since every individual is unique. Just because the child mastered reading at 8 does not make him/her any less of a person. Source for more about libros para aprender a leer.
It is important that parents are supportive on the kid’s own process of learning how to read. You can provide books to learn to read to your child and spend time to teach him/her how to utter and comprehend words. Here are also some things to remember.
- Some learn how to read early while some late. Do not get frustrated when he/she does not learn how to read on the time you expect.
- Children tend to have shorter attention span. Mix the learning with play and try to be creative when you are teaching the child how to read.
- Catch your child’s attention by providing books that talk about his/her personal interests.
- Believe it or not, there are children that would not want to be taught by their parents. Do not worry if your child do not want to learn with you. He/she will develop the reading skill upon entering daycare program or the school.
- Do not scold or show disappointment to your child when he/she does not get it the first time. Doing so will make him/her dread reading.
It is also vital that the books to learn to read given to the child are right for his/her developmental stage and age.